Season 16 of Bravo's Top Chef is headed to Kentucky and if you're getting excited thinking of all the possibilites this culinary destination has to offer, you're not the only one. Chef Brian Malarkey, a Season 3 former Cheftestant on Bravo's Top Chef: Miami, is here "to show you how to impress your dinner guests with some Kentucky flavor on a classic dish." Watch the video above to see how Brian perfects Kentucky-style chicken and check out the recipe below to recreate the dish.
Oven Roasted Chicken with Bourbon Flambé Cauliflower Hash
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 stick rosemary
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 boneless chicken
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces country ham, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chives, sliced
- 1/4 stick butter
- Brown the butter and sauté toasted pecans with raisins, rosemary, and lemon at 140 degrees.
- Season a boneless half chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear it in a hot pan drizzled with olive oil.
- Set your oven to convection roast and put the chicken in.
- Roast cauliflower, ham, onions and peppers in a pizza oven at 500 degrees.
- When it’s golden brown, deglaze with Kentucky bourbon.
- Coat with chives and butter.
- Plate your roasted cauliflower, ham, onions, and peppers, and place chicken on top.
- Drizzle with the butter sauce and enjoy!
Monogram® takes pride in its quality and artistry, crafting appliances that are expertly engineered and purposefully designed with a minimalist elegance that reflects the personality and lifestyles of owners with distinctive tastes. With an uncompromising attention to every detail, every material and every industry-exclusive, award-winning feature, Monogram appliances Elevate Everything™ in the kitchen. For more information on Monogram’s full line of innovative appliances, visit www.monogram.com.
The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination serving culinary inspiration and essential food news. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for diet and wellness trends, kitchen hacks and tools — and the buzziest celebrity, chef, and restaurant happenings you need to know about right now.